Medieval & Renaissance Figures
World Religions Research
6th Quaker Biographies Research
Database you should search in:
Websites which Might be Useful:
- Quakers in the World
- Bryn Mawr College Digital Dictionary of Quaker Biography
- Quaker Biographies; Digital Edition of 1916 Text
- African American Quaker Biographies from FGC
Questions you should answer:
- When did they live?
- When did they become a Quaker?
- How did they become a Quaker?
- What did they do (or what actions did they take) based on their Quaker values/faith?
- How was their work received in the community? (were they thrown in prison? did they receive the Nobel prize? did they inspire others or did no one really notice?)
- What can you figure out about the person's personality?
- What lessons do/can modern-day Quakers draw from this person's life?