Details about the biography of the person you are studying:
- When did this person live? die?
- Where did they live?
- What was their vocation (job)?
- What was their family like?
- Were they educated? How? For how long? In what subjects?
- What were her/his accomplishments?
- What made them important to history?
Details about the context of their life and work:
- What was life like in Italy/France/China (fill in country where the person you are studying lived)?
- What discoveries were made at the same time your historical figure was alive?
- What important discoveries didn't exist then that do now in their field?
- What were the common beliefs about science/medicine/theater/geography at the time (fill in the person's field of study/work)?
- Who influenced the person you are studying?
Bernard of Clairvaux
Christine de Pizan
Hildegard von Bingen
|Leonardo da Vinci
Miguel de Cervantes
Saint Teresa of Avila
Background on the Renaissance Periods
Backgrouns on the Medieval Period
eBooks which may be helpful
Daily Life in Medieval Europe
Daily Life in Renaissance Italy
Daily Life in the Medieval Islamic World
Family Life in the Middle Ages
Science and Technology in Medieval European Life
Daily Life in Elizabethan England
Daily Life in Chaucer's England