Search the catalog
Evaluate a Website
Use this online tool to evaluate the reliability and accuracy of the website you plan to use.
Databases & eBooks
Consider using these databases for this project:
- Medline Plus: A website created and maintained by the National Library of Medicine. Contains comprehensive information about each infection.
- American Sexual Health Association: Contains comprehensive information about 14 differnet infections
- Women's Health: A publication of the Department of Health and Human Services' Office on Women's Health. Statistical information about STIs as well as basic information about 10 common infections. Detailed fact sheets on 10 common infections
- CDC: A website maintained by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Contains comprehensive information about each infection as well as information and statistics about STIs in the US.
- Kids Health: A publication of Nemours Center for Children's Health. Comprehensive information about most of the STIs in this research project.
- Planned Parenthood Health Information: Contains basic information about 15 different infections.
- World Health Organization: Statistics about STI's worldwide, as well as some print and interactive materials